Full-time, paid (salary depending on experience ), minimum one year committment. Location: Shatila refugee camp, Beirut, Lebanon.
What will you achieve?
You will work with our Head of Strategy and Development to help secure financial support for our education institutes and cricket hubs.
You will help ensure that
- our fundraising targets are met
- relationship with our current funding partners are maintained
- new potential funding partners are identified & secured
- Alsama’s fundraising approach & materials are continuously enhanced, professional, compelling, and authentic to who we are
What will you do?
- Support Alsama on fundraising straetgy & goals (quantitative & qualitative)
- Support our Head of Strategy and Fundraising to engage current partners regularly with materials/meetings/comms to provide appreciation, impact updates, and potential for further collaboration
- Support our Head of Strategy and Fundraising to identify & engage potential new partners with compelling, collaborative, and professional materials – including writing draft grants, developing draft custom proposals, preparing initial agenda for meetings, etc
- Occasionally, organise meaningful & smooth in-person visits to Alsama of current donors (or highly-likely potential donors)
- Where necessary, to create new materials – this includes direct fundraising materials (eg. “templates” for Alsama proposals), as well as indirect materials required for securing partners (eg. first drafts of policies typically required by donors)
What skills will make you successful?
- Compelling, credible, & engaging interpersonal skills
- Visual and written communications (eg. proposals, meetings) in English
- Quantitative & analytical – able to develop budgets, translate impact
- Process management (timelines, critical path, reliability)
- Self-driven independent outcome-orientation
- Excellent delivery of high-quality outputs in Microsoft Office (excel, powerpoint, doc)
- Ideally some experience (eg. internship, ~1 year work) fundraising / grant-writing with start-ups or NGOs
- Otherwise, recent university graduates may be considered
If you think you are that person, please apply to email@example.com with:
- 1 page CV
- 1 minute Selfie-video on ‘what am I most proud of having achieved’ (linked to accomplishments /work on their CV)
- 1 page Cover letter answering Qs: (a) Why Alsama, (b) How do you embody Commitment, Collaboration, Ambition
- Minimum 2 References (name, phone number, email, role, organisation)